The Granite State arguably has the best trust laws in the country, backed by a legislature with a history of staying on the forefront of advantageous trust laws. NH trusts are available to families nationwide and internationally, and their use can deliver tremendous benefits in tax savings, asset protection, and multi-generational asset transfer. They also permit directed trusts, where a grantor’s existing financial advisor can manage trust assets, while the trust administration is provided by a NH-based trust company.
In this podcast from Trusts & Estates journal, experts from Fiduciary Trust of New England and Holland & Knight discuss the key provisions of the Granite State’s trust laws, provide client examples, and address audience questions.
The topics discussed include:
- The key benefits of NH’s trust laws, including tax savings, asset protection, perpetual trusts, and sustainable investing
- Migration of existing trusts to NH
- How NH’s trust laws can be used to modify existing trusts
- Examples of how these trust laws have benefited families
The panelists for this podcast are:
- Thanda Brassard, JD, General Counsel, Fiduciary Trust of New England
- David Scott Sloan, Esq, Co-Chair, Global Private Wealth Practice, Holland & Knight
- Suma Nair, JD, Chief Fiduciary Officer, Fiduciary Trust Company
You may find here a link to the presentation slides.
Originally published: March 7, 2023