Originally published: November 9, 2022
Donor-advised funds (DAFs) have grown tremendously over the past decade, and play a major role in funding a variety of charitable causes. Much of this rapid growth has been driven by the low cost, flexibility and other advantages of DAFs over private foundations and other giving vehicles. In this podcast from Trusts & Estates Magazine, experts from Fiduciary Trust Charitable and Fiduciary Trust Company discuss innovative ways to use donor-advised funds to advance charitable giving.
The topics discussed include:
- When to use a donor-advised fund relative to a private foundation
- How to convert a private foundation to a donor-advised fund
- Strategies to maximize the tax benefits of using DAFs, including charitable deduction bunching
- Innovative giving vehicles, such as the Fiduciary Flexible Endowment Fund™ and Fiduciary Restricted
- Engaging the next generation with charitable giving
You can watch the video version here.
The panelists for this podcast are:
- Katie Collins, VP, Philanthropic Services, Fiduciary Trust Company
- Todd Eckler, President, Fiduciary Trust Charitable
- Kelly Guarino, JD, VP, Trust Counsel, Fiduciary Trust Company